Three-dimensional graphics, based on which copies of real-life objects are created with high accuracy, and new, fantasy design ideas are brought to life, has tightly entered our life. Day by day, 3D graphics are improving and developing, creating more and more new opportunities for use – from cinematography, animation, and computer games to the most complex architectural projects. As a result, 3D modeling has penetrated many areas of our activity and brought huge profits.
Where is the application for three-dimensional graphics in the modern world?
3D visualization for creating three-dimensional objects is widely and universally used in the following areas:
- Cinematography, animation, computer games. 3D objects and characters, all kinds of realistic special effects, virtual reality.
- Advertising and marketing. Here, the advantages of three-dimensional graphics are simply invaluable since they allow, visually, profitably, and effectively present goods to the market, conduct vivid 3D presentations, and significantly save on this.
- Interior design. Without using new technologies and graphic programs, it is already impossible to imagine the design and development of this or that interior design. 3D models allow you to accurately visualize the geometry of objects, exactly imitating the materials from which they are made.
- Architecture. The video created using three-dimensional graphics provides an exclusive opportunity to demonstrate each floor of the projected building in detail, which has not yet entered the construction stage.
- Furniture manufacturing. Furniture manufacturing companies today, among other things, use 3D modeling, placing their products in electronic catalogs.
- Industry. Complex parts requiring high precision are assembled according to prepared, well-thought-out 3D models.
The list of applications for 3D models – can be continued for a long time, and this is jewelry and education, medicine, and the production of clothing and footwear.
Development of 3D models – steps and stages
Any object is first presented in the traditional version, and then it is already modeled. It acquires volume, form, reality. Animation can bring it to life. The development of a 3D model requires the following steps:
- drawing up a detailed technical specification, taking into account the wishes of the customer;
- modeling – creating a virtual space, polygons, and objects inside it, geometries, light sources, materials, special effects, etc.;
- texturing – the choice of materials and the imposition of the desired textures, then adjusting them to create a realistic effect;
- lighting setup – light is exposed (diverging, parallel beams, omnidirectional light, etc.), and observation points are set;
- rendering – converting a volumetric image into a flat one;
- animation – animating the model;
For 3D visualization, you need source materials (drawings, drawings, sketches, photos from various angles, a text description, or the object itself), which determine its three-dimensional shape. Additionally, you will need data on textures, elements, features of the selected visualization object.
Advantages of 3D modeling over other visualization methods
3D modeling with high accuracy provides the creation of realistic models of objects. Modern graphic programs display the appearance, volume, and shape with the finest detail. The city’s main square installing allows you to calculate and view all the nuances and make edits without redrawing the structure as a whole.
Other advantages of 3D modeling:
- 360° model rotation;
- obtaining drawings of individual parts or a whole structure;
- ease of presentation and further work;
- clarity and detail;
- cost savings – doing a project in 3D is much cheaper than making a demo sample.
A professional performer will always find an individual approach to the customer and develop high-quality, detailed, realistic 3D models.